Southern Dirt has passed your messages to government and will continue to do so during this crisis.
Last night the Minister for Agriculture released a statement saying that food and agriculture production and supply chains will not be affected by Coronavirus shutdowns. Click here to view
What does this mean for members?
- Shearing teams and other essential personnel will be allowed on farm as normal albeit with your increased human biosecurity measures.
- All rural supplies stores will be open and trading.
- Transport delivery of fertiliser and other inputs will happen as usual.
What to expect:
- There may be delays in some deliveries if transport workers are affected by border control.
- As the virus worsens there may be increased protocols around processors so they can remain open.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of any difficulties/worries you are having and I will pass it on to Government.
Stay safe everyone!
CEO Southern Dirt